.

8.10.11

rating yourself publicly.

one of my biggest pet peeves is when people post a picture to facebook or any other social media site of themselves saying:"ughh - so ugly" or "oh my god, i look so bad". the reason being, they posted the picture on the site, thus they wanted other people to see it. if they didn't want anyone to see the photo because they look "ugly" then they wouldn't have posted the picture. therefore, the reason the picture was posted is obviously to get hundreds of likes and comments saying something along the lines of: "wow, you're really pretty". 


seriously people?

i know i'm probably talking to the minority here, but why would you demoralise yourself in public just to get attention? is that not the biggest form of attention-seeking? just a thought but if you didn't call yourself ugly over the internet then maybe more people would respect you for being YOU.

the point is (and it's a short one at that), that there really isn't any need to publicly rate yourself just to get attention. if you're being yourself then i'm sure you'd get just the same amount of attention as you do when you try to act as if you are.

- girl

1 comment:

  1. nope, i don't have google adsense.
    if you watch my Q&A video, I explain it a bit on there, but I presume I created similarly to how you did yours? It's just a picture I put together, tweaked it a bit and used it to replace my blog title and description :)

    www.alittlebitofroza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete